This post is going to be short. It is very helpful to get notified when the jobs have been completed or you would like to receive the output of the jobs. Notification can be done by enabling the email notification feature that comes with OpenMediaVault.
I am going to be using the Google mail service because it is free and secure. I would assume that you have enabled Gmail’s App Password.
- Navigate to System > Notification
- Toggle Enable
- Enter smtp.gmail.com in the SMTP server field
- Enter 587 for the SMTP port field
- Enable Use SSL/TLS secure connection
- Enter your sender email in the Sender email field
- Enable the Authentication required
- Enter your gmail’s email address in the Username field
- Enter your app password in the Password field
- Enter the recipient’s email address in the Primary email field
- Click Save
- Click on Apply and confirm
- Click on Send a test email
- Make sure you received the test email; otherwise, there must be an issue with the credentials in steps 7 and 8